Friday, July 9, 2010

Welcome to London!

Note to self: I have many barrels of fossil fuel to thank for my very enjoyable flight to Heathrow. My father-in-law pitched in frequent flier miles to get me a "club world" class ticket, and boy what a difference it made. 2 yummy meals, 4 podcasts, 1 "Glee" pilot and plenty of legroom after takeoff, I was comfortably landing in London, where Danny was going to meet me at the airport, and we would head off into the sunset (or Tube, whatever) to start our England adventure together.

I was very excited about getting to the international arrivals gate at Heathrow, ever since it was so positively displayed in Love Actually. However, when I arrived there were very few loving family members and friends there to greet the weary travelers, just two rows of men in suits holding name cards and looking bored. And no Danny. This was not that surprising, because we were 15 minutes early and Danny was coming from a conference. I waited with 100 pounds of luggage, and finally a very eager-looking Danny arrived. He had his zune and headphones in hand with "God only Knows" cued up to recreate this scene. What a romantic!

With this welcome, how could the year be anything but spectacular? Stay with us to find out how it goes!

2 comments:

  1. Man, I love the 21st century! This blog is going to be so fun to read, thank you both! So YouTube tells me your link labeled this scene "contains content from NBC Universal, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds." Now I'll HAVE to come to the UK to see what you're referring to...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, that was confusing - I have an Aunt B on my side, but she is already following the blog under her email address, so I guess this must be Becky! Both scenes I linked to were from Love Actually - just to be safe you should watch the whole movie :) But yes, you should definitely come to see for yourself!

    ReplyDelete